Car Insurance: Personal Accident Cover

Car Insurance: Personal Accident Cover

Nov 15, 2023

What is personal accident cover?

Personal accident cover – also known as personal accident insurance –is designed to protect you and your spouse financially should either of you sustain a serious injury or die as the result of a road traffic collision.

Is personal accident cover included in my car insurance?

Personal accident cover is included with all its4women comprehensive and telematics car insurance policies.

What’s included?

Personal Accident cover is included with every its4women comprehensive car insurance policy. We cover if you or your spouse are accidentally injured as a result of an accident and the injury is the sole cause of:

  • Death

  • Total and permanent loss of all sight in one or both eyes

  • Total loss of one or more limbs

  • Total and permanent loss of use of one or more limbs

You can find more information about our personal accident cover in our Premier car insurance policy document here, and our Telematics car insurance policy document here

How much does personal accident cover pay out?

If you have a Premier or Telematics car insurance policy, we will pay a lump sum of £7,500 for each person following any one accident. If you or your spouse have any other motor insurance with us, the maximum payment we will make is limited to £5,000.

Who will the personal accident cover benefit?

Personal accident benefits cover you, the policy holder, and your spouse.

Where will I be covered?

Our cover offers 24-hour protection, for both you and your spouse, in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, and Great Britain, providing you with peace of mind while you’re on the road.

Personal Accident Cover Exclusions and Conditions

We do not cover injuries arising if:

  • The injured person is over the age of 75

  • The injuries were caused as a result of suicide, or attempted suicide

  • The driver of the car was under the influence of alcohol or drugs

  • The driver doesn’t have a valid license

  • The car doesn’t have a valid MOT / NCT

  • The driver was convicted, or has a prosecution pending, under any Road Traffic legislation relating to the level of alcohol or drugs in their body.

  • The injury is caused by earthquake

  • The injury is caused by riot or civil commotion, other than in the Republic of Ireland.

Full personal accident benefit exclusions and conditions for Premier policy holders can be found here, and for Telematics policy holders here.

Think you need personal accident cover?

Get a car insurance quote with personal accident cover at its4women.

Get a quote